More than 20 million Canadians suffer from digestive disorders every year, ranging from stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome, to more serious conditions such as acid reflux (GERD), ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. In fact, digestive disorders cost $18 billion (2000) annually in health care costs and lost productivity.
Clinical reports are confirming that acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine can offer relief from even the most complex digestive problems.
By taking into account a person’s constitution and varied symptoms, a treatment plan is designed specifically for the individual to bring their “middle” back into harmony and optimize the proper functioning of the digestive system. A variety of techniques can be used during treatment including acupuncture, lifestyle/dietary recommendations and energetic exercises to restore digestive health.
Conditions that respond well to acupuncture, moxibustion, and herbal medicine include:
- gastrointestinal infections such as virus infections from rotavirus, bacterial infections from salmonella, shigella or e.coli
- inflammatory diseases such as chronic gastritis, atrophic gastritis, chronic enteritis, and gastroenteritis
- peptic ulcers such as duodenal ulcer and gastric ulcer
- circulation problems in the gastrointestinal system such as gastrointestinal tract bleeding and intestinal cramps
- gastrointestinal tumors such as stomach cancer, tumors of the small intestine, or colon cancer
- inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease and other conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome and short bowel syndrome.
When you’re in Calgary, be sure to visit us for relief and treatment of even the most complex digestive disorders.