IUI and IVF Acupuncture
For women undergoing assisted reproductive technology, TCM has been proven to of great benefit. An acupuncture treatment series leading up to IVF has been shown in numerous studies to significantly improve success with implantation and pregnancy outcomes. In the United States standard fertility treatments have about a 20% success rate. Studies have shown that when TCM is combined with IVF, the odds of conception and healthy pregnancy can increase by 50%.
There are several reasons why acupuncture assists with fertility.
• Reduces stress. Excessive stress can cause hormonal imbalances and reduce the flow of blood to the uterus.
• Increases the blood flow to the uterus, therefore improving the endometrial lining.
• Strengthens the immune system.
• Improves ovarian function and egg quality.
• Effects the hypothalamus/pituitary/ovarian axis, therefore helping to balance and regulate hormones involved in reproduction.
• Improves sperm count, motility and morphology.
• Lessens the side effects from hormonal treatments and increases in-vitro fertilization success rates.
• Reduces the chances of miscarriage.
We offer years of experience in reproductive issues:
Angela Fingler was one of the first practitioners of Chinese medicine in Western Canada to specialize in the treatment of fertility disorders in Calgary. Because of her extensive knowledge and experience in this area, she was asked to be part of the Clinical Excellence in Fertility Professional Association. This is an international association of TCM practitioners who specialize in treating reproductive disorders. This focus includes not only having a high level of understanding of Chinese medicine, but also supporting the whole person-emotionally and spiritually- as they walk through this journey.