Dr. Skye Van Munster is one of the most sought after acupuncturists in Calgary for the treatment of Anxiety, Headaches, Women’s Health and Fertility. Her treatments focus on giving you instant relief whilst also teaching you lifestyle habits to get to the root cause of your issue for long term health and wellness.
Skye is well respected by many Doctors, Surgeons and Psychologist who refer to her on a regular basis. She has been practicing as a Doctor of Chinese Medicine for over ten years, effectively treating a wide range of health conditions and disorders. She utilizes all aspects of Chinese Medicine in her treatments including acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping, acupressure, Qi Gong breathing instruction, Tuina Massage, Herbal Medicine and Chinese Nutrition.
She is of one of only a few university trained Acupuncturist and Chinese Medicine Practitioners in Calgary. She gained her Bachelor degree in Science majoring in Chinese Medicine from the University of Western Sydney, Australia. She then completed an advanced clinical internship in Nanjing, China at a leading Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine Hospital. Here she spent four months as a medical intern in the Gynecology, Rheumatology, Pediatrics and Gastroenterology departments.
An avid learner, Skye continues to study classical acupuncture techniques while keeping up to date with western medical research. Over the years she has trained with many Masters of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine including Dr Richard Tan, Dr. Wang Ju Yi, Jane Lyttleton, Debra Betts and Heiner Fruehauf.
Skye recently became a member of The Institute for Functional Medicine and will be using her new knowledge in practice; she is on her way to becoming a certified Functional Medicine Practitioner. As a Functional Medicine Practitioner she will be able to investigate further into the true cause of illness through lab work and scientific testing. She will also be taking a deeper look at nutrition and its role in chronic health issues and will be able to guide her patients through Functional Medicine comprehensive food plans to utilize food as medicine.
Skye has experience in treating / managing the following conditions with great success:
- Chronic pain: headaches, migraines, neck and back pain, TMJ, arthritis, tendonitis,
- Fertility and obstetrics: IVF and IUI support, natural fertility enhancement, pre-birth treatments
- Hormonal and thyroid imbalances: PMS, irregular cycles, amenorrhea, Hashimoto’s, acne, irritability, PCOS
- Stress and psycho-emotional disorders: insomnia, anxiety, depression and eating disorders
- Digestive imbalances: food sensitivities, diarrhea, constipation, IBS, chronic bloating and discomfort
- She also does support treatments for Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis patients to reduce pain, relieve anxiety and reduce any other symptoms.